Job Title: Residential Specialist
(Full and Part Time)
SUPERVISOR Residential Specialist
To provide quality support services to consumers served by BRS that enhance physical, emotional, intellectual, vocational, communication, and social skills according to the individual’s needs, abilities, and choices. Other duties include keeping accurate records as required by BRS and any other governing agency such as ODDD, ODHS, and County Case Management.
- Follow established policies and procedures set by the agency.
- Assist consumers in meeting objectives of their Individual Service Plans, and to perform duties and tasks according to such plans.
- Monitor and ensure the consumer’s safety, health, and welfare.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment and be sensitive of the consumer’s and family’s needs.
- Assist consumers as needed according to daily individual schedules as directed in:
- – Health care and personal hygiene
- – Meal preparations and shopping
- – Household tasks such as cleaning and laundry
- – Recreation, social and leisure time skills
- – Transportation as required
- Always maintain the highest standard of conduct and courtesy in dealing with consumers, family, staff and the community. Promote positive interaction.
- Attend and participate in scheduled staff meetings, designated training and in-service sessions.
- Other Duties as assigned.
May be assigned to weekend and evening schedule. May be required to stay overnight and work some holidays, may be required to work in various locations according to consumer’s needs. As a part-time employee, hours are not guaranteed and assigned as available. Scheduled hours are based on consumer choice and needs. Job will require sitting, standing, bending, lifting, pushing, and pulling, intermittently.
Must be 18 years or older and be a high school graduate or equivalent. Must possess a valid, current driver’s license and an acceptable police record. Must have 0 to 5 years experience.