WHO ARE WE?
Buckeye Residential Solutions provides personalized care, support and services for individuals with developmental disabilities, in home, or at our facility. We take pride in helping individuals with personalized care, support, and services.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK WITH US?
At Buckeye Residential Solutions, you are not just an employee- you truly are part of a family. Our organization was founded on integrity and values, and we strive to make each day better. Although you will technically be “working,” the days can feel more like a fun day with friends than being at a job. You will be playing a critical role in the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities, and you will end each day knowing you made a difference. Aside from a fun, rewarding environment, you can also expect:
- Competitive compensation (including a sign-on bonus)!
- Medical benefits for full time employees
- 401k matching
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Ongoing training and support to ensure you feel prepared and confident in your role
- Career advancement opportunities
As a Day Habilitation Technician, you will be assisting and supporting the Program Coordinator during the Dayhab Program hours, Monday-Friday 7AM-4PM. You will be providing support services to clients during the program as well as implementing and monitoring the clients during the day. You will also be expected to maintain accurate records as required by Buckeye Residential Solutions and any other governing agency such as DODD, ODHS, and County Case Management.
- Interact with each individual and co-worker in a manner which is consistent with respect for the individual and his/her value as a being.
- Interact physically with each individual and co-worker in a socially and professionally acceptable manner.
- Maintain a clean, safe and healthful environment for the individuals and co-workers.
- Carry out individual service plans.
- Ensures the all appropriate forms are in books and in vehicles when on activities.
- Collaborate with Habilitation Coordinator and team members on behavioral issues concerning clients.
- Report all incidents to the Day Habilitation Program Coordinator for Incident Report Writing Review.
- Completion of required documentation forms.
- Provide supervision of clients at all times.
- While transporting the consumers.
- A visual check of the client must take place prior to going in the community to ensure clean/ appropriate clothing for the weather and hygiene.
- Ensure all consumers are wearing their seatbelt
- Drivers must understand and obey all traffic laws
- Attend all mandatory meetings: Day Habilitation Meetings and All Staff if time allows.
- Assist clients as needed with:
- Health care and personnel hygiene
- Meal Preparations and shopping
- Household tasks such as cleaning and laundry
- Recreation, social and leisure time skills
- Transportation as required
- Pass meds
- Making sure that any new medications are being passed correctly and documented properly on the MAR.
- Notifying the Program Coordinator when medications and medical supplies have 7 or less days remaining.
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines, as outlined by organization policy and HIPPA regulations.
Other Duties as assigned.
- Job will require sitting, standing, bending, lifting, pushing, and pulling, intermittently.
- No job-related experience necessary!
- 18 years or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current certifications in: CPR, CPI, MUI, First Aid, Medication Administration, and Documentation Training.
- Must possess a valid, current driver’s license.
- Ability to complete and pass a background check per company standards.
- Positive attitude with the desire to help others.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email firstname.lastname@example.org